Here at Prevent Dental Suite, we offer top-rate restorative dental treatments for every smile problem. If you are tired of experiencing the consequences of tooth loss and disappointed seeing the gap in your smile, one of the ideal treatments we can offer are dentures. By consulting our dental professionals, we can help you end the misery you’re experiencing caused by missing teeth.
Why You Need to Replace Missing Teeth
Missing teeth need to be replaced as soon as possible. When gaps between your teeth are left untreated, they can lead to serious oral health issues that may later require extensive cosmetic or restorative dental procedures. Visiting a dental professional and investing in high-quality restorative treatment can save you time and money in the future.
Other reasons you need to replace your missing teeth include:
- Reduce the pressure on the other natural teeth and any dental work.
- To maintain your smile and the shape of your face (the lower part)
- Reduce the risks of developing jaw problems
- Prevent bite changes caused by gaps in teeth
- To help keep the other teeth easier to clean, thereby reducing the chances of developing decay and gum problems.
- To improve speech, bite and chewing abilities.
Dentures are removable appliances that replace one or more missing teeth. They can be made of either plastic or acrylic. Dentures are custom-made to fit your mouth. Today, modern dentures look more natural and feel more comfortable in your mouth than they did in the past. Dentures are preferred by some patients as they are often more affordable than implants, and the procedures typically requires two to four appointments only.
How Long Dentures Last
With proper use and care, your dentures can last up to five to ten years, or even more. On average, your false teeth need to be replaced every 5 years due to several reasons. Dentures must be relined, remade or rebased because of normal wear. If the teeth wear down, they can be inefficient in terms of chewing.
In addition, bone and gum ridges change, which makes your dentures not to fit well. Badly fitting dentures can also make your eating and drinking habits more challenging. Another reason is teeth may start to degrade cosmetically. For these reasons, it is important to replace worn of poorly fitting dentures before they cause problems.
Denture Aftercare Advice
Visit your dentist for regular check-ups after getting your dentures fitted. Your dentist will check the health of your gums as well as the fit of your dentures. When the gums change over time, dentures may not fit well.
Here are the other tips for denture care:
- When cleaning your dentures, clean them over a bowl of water or towel to avoid breaking them in case you accidentally drop your false teeth.
- Keep your dentures moist by placing them in plain water or dentures soaking solution when you are not wearing them.
- Brush your denture to removed bits of food and stains. Avoid scrubbing too hard as this can result in grooves in the surface.
- If your dentures break, chip or become loose, see your dentist for repair or adjustments. Don’t attempt to adjust them by yourself as this may cause more damage to your dentures.
Experience the Benefits of High-quality Dentures in Petrie
To know if dentures are the best solution for your missing teeth, see your Petrie dental team today at Prevent Dental Suite for comprehensive check-up and examination. Dentures are restorative dental treatments that offer both function and cosmetic benefits. Our dental clinic offers acrylic dentures and cast chrome dentures to suit your individual needs. We only use the best materials for our dentures to ensure perfect fit and comfort. If you are looking for high-quality restorations and excellent work on restorative treatments, you have come to the right place.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of every age in Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie,Strathpine, Mango Hill, Dakabin, Kurwongbah, Narangba, Whiteside, Dayboro, Bray Park, Lawnton & Warner and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area. Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!
Dentist Petrie Resource
- Petrie Dentist Tips: How to Handle a Dental Emergency
- Dentures in Petrie: The Ideal Option for Missing Teeth
- The Importance of Oral Cancer Screening In Petrie
Find out more about our dentists serving the Petrie community and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area.