Pregnancy is a very special time for a woman and with all that comes along with pregnancy it is easy to overlook routine things. But pregnant women should be sure not to overlook dental health for themselves and their babies.
Happily, most normal treatment is perfectly safe during pregnancy. During the first three months, however some procedures and medications should be avoided.
The best way to make sure you get appropriate treatment for you and your child is to consult your Prevent Dental Suite dentist.
We suggest 4 dental strategies
- Keep your teeth and gums healthy. Gum disease can cause premature birth or a low birth weight baby. On the other hand, keeping healthy gums can stop the transfer of decay-causing bacteria from you to your baby, which can lead to early childhood tooth decay.
- Avoid or treat pregnancy-related vomiting and acid reflux. Some pregnant women experience morning sickness with vomiting and/or acid reflux. These women are at increased risk of tooth erosion.
Reduce this risk by rinsing your mouth with a mouth rinse or even water, chewing sugar free gum, smearing a dab of toothpaste on your teeth, and then waiting 30 minutes before brushing if you have vomited.
- Some women develop gum disease during pregnancy because of natural hormonal changes in the body. Early treatment of teeth and gums, to avoid this.
Signs of gum disease include bad breath, red gums (instead of pink), swollen gums, and bleeding gums.;
- Quit smoking! All tobacco products are bad for heath! Smoking while pregnant can double the trouble by being bad for you and your unborn child. Tobacco products can cause a variety of diseases including gum disease, so quitting is best.
At Prevent Dental Suites in Kallangur, we go above and beyond to help improve the dental care of pregnant women, children, family, friends, and especially you!
New Patients Offer
- Comprehensive Examination
- X-Rays (2)
- Fluoride Treatment, Oral Hygiene Instructions
- Complete Treatment Planning
- Free Patient Pack
All For A Low Cost Of $199!
Call us on (07) 3886 2428 or book your appointment online TODAY!