As long as you suffer from general tooth discolouration and want to lighten your teeth, you can undergo the procedure of teeth whitening. However, the treatment is ideal for people who have healthy, unrestored teeth and healthy gums. In addition, if you have brown or yellow teeth stains, teeth whitening treatment responds best on this type of dental discolouration.
Not Good Candidates for Teeth Whitening
If there are best candidates for teeth whitening, there are also bad candidates who shouldn’t undergo the treatment because the procedure is not recommended or it will be less successful.
- Age and pregnancy concerns: Teeth whitening is not recommended in patients under 16 years old because during this age the nerve of the tooth is still enlarged. The treatment may only irritate the pulp, which can lead to dental sensitivity. In addition, it’s not also suitable for pregnant or lactating women.
- Sensitive teeth: If you have highly sensitive teeth or worn enamel, whitening treatment may aggravate these conditions. If you are planning to use any tooth whitening products, be sure to visit consult with your dentist first. In addition, a person who’s allergic to peroxide, a whitening agent, must refrain from using bleaching products.
- Gum disease and other dental problems: if you have gum disease or are suffering from other dental problems such as cavities and exposed roots, teeth whitening is not a suitable cosmetic dental treatment for you. Cavities must be treated before you undergo bleaching procedures as the whitening formula penetrates into decay and inner sections of the tooth, leading to sensitivity.
- Tooth restorations and fabrications: porcelain veneers, dental crowns or dental bonding don’t respond to bleaching agents unlike natural teeth. If you want to whiten your teeth, you will need to replace your restorations first. Your dentist will suggest the strategy that is best for you.
- Teeth grinding and TMJ: Whitening trays are included in at-home whitening treatment, and they may worsen conditions such as teeth grinding and temporomandibular joint disorder. If you have these health issues and want to whiten your smile, in-office whitening may be the better option for you.
The Amazing Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
A bright smile indicates youthful and radiant health. Aside from that, it makes you more attractive and appealing to other people. With brighter teeth, you are encouraged to smile more and frown less, which is healthy for you. Teeth whitening treatment carries numerous benefits and these include:
- An affordable treatment to enhance your smile
- Great improvement on your appearance
- Boosts self-confidence
- Help minimise the appearance of facial wrinkles for a more youthful and glowing appearance
- Gives you a friendlier appearance
- A healthy white smile is associated with beauty and healthier lifestyle
- Professional teeth whitening treatment is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure with little or no side effects and doesn’t cause long-term health risks.
Using certain bleaching products without the guidance of your dentist can harm your dental health. Dentist-supervised whitening systems are the best and safer for your tooth enamel. Most of all, they are more effective at removing stubborn dental stains because of the professional-strength whitening formula they involve. If you are planning to whiten your teeth on your own, you should only use products that bear the Australian Dental Association seal of approval. Furthermore, in-office whitening treatments are highly recommended, especially if you want to have a stunningly white smile in as little as one hour.
Professional Teeth Whitening in Murrumba Downs
Teeth whitening is a great start if you are planning to improve the appearance of your smile or simply want to achieve sparkling white teeth. To find out how you can brighten your smile with a professional teeth-whitening system, call Prevent Dental Suite in Murrumba Downs today to make an appointment for your initial consultation. We use high quality teeth whitening products in a safe manner to ensure a beautiful bright smile.
Call us on (07) 3886 2428 or book your appointment online.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of every age in Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie,Strathpine, Mango Hill, Dakabin, Kurwongbah, Narangba, Whiteside, Dayboro, Bray Park, Lawnton & Warner and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area. Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!
Dentist Murrumba Downs Resource
- Are you a Good Candidate for Teeth Whitening in Murrumba Downs?
- 5 Advantages of Dental Implants in Murrumba Downs
Dentist Murrumba Downs
Find out more about our dentists serving the Murrumba Downs community and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area.