Inadequate dental care is linked to different serious conditions such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, bone loss, infection and a lot more. However, undergoing regular dental cleanings can help you reduce your chances of developing these serious illnesses.
Seeing your dentist at least once a year can help you keep a bright and healthy smile as well as a healthy body. You might be satisfied with how you clean and floss your teeth at home, but dental professionals can do a lot more and offer benefits you might have not discovered before.
The Benefits of Professional Dental Cleaning
Dental cleaning is also called as prophylaxis, which means, “to prevent beforehand” in Greek, and “preventing gum disease” in the field of dentistry. This also means that the procedure involves scale and clean, a process that is done to remove the bacterial plaque and tartar build-up that have accumulated around the gum line, which can’t be eliminated by ordinary brushing.
The benefits of professional dental cleaning are overwhelming and this includes the following:
- Oral cancer prevention – dental cleans help prevent oral cancer. The procedure also involves screening for oral cancer, as part of your dental examination. If the problem is detected early, this makes the disease curable.
- Keeps your oral health on track – your dentist will ensure that you maintain a superior oral health by performing a visual examination as well as comparing with your previous check-ups during dental cleanings.
- Eliminates bad breath – if you are suffering from bad breath or simply want to maintain a healthy fresh breath, professional teeth cleaning is one of the best solutions to try. Dental cleaning prevents halitosis by removing two of the top causes of unpleasant mouth odour, dental plaque and tartar build-up.
- Bright and healthy-looking smile – the process of professional teeth cleaning involves polishing to remove the extrinsic stains that have accumulated on your teeth over time, leaving your teeth glossy and bright.
- Help keep your teeth – one of the major benefits of dental cleaning is the way it prevents and improves the symptoms of gum disease, the leading cause of tooth loss. With your oral care at home and your dentist’s intervention, you can keep as many teeth as possible and maintain a healthy smile for life.
How Often Do You Need a Dental Cleaning
The Australian Dental Association recommends that you visit your dentist at least once a year for check-ups and examinations. On the other hand, some patients may need more frequent dental visits due to their health.
A person who has a history of periodontal disease should have their teeth cleaned more often in order to prevent the reoccurrence of infections or the disease itself. Regular dental cleanings can also benefit patients with heart disease or diabetes due to their known relationship to oral health problems.
Smokers who have a hard time quitting the habit are more prone to various dental issues such as bad breath and teeth discolouration, not to mention oral cancer. This group of people should get their teeth professionally cleaned more often to minimise the effects of smoking to their mouth.
During dental visits, discuss with your dentist how often you should have professional teeth cleaning.
Overall Healthy Teeth and Gums with your Trusted Kallangur Dentist
Prevent painful and often costly dental procedures by making the most of our dental check-ups and clean. Prevention is always better than the cure. So keep a healthy lifestyle today by visiting us here at Prevent Dental Suite. We strive to prevent decay and disease by encouraging regular check-ups, thorough cleaning, and educating patients on personal oral hygiene. Here at Prevent Dental Suite, we believe that having a healthy mouth can lead you to a healthy body.
Call us on (07) 3886 2428 or book your appointment online.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of every age in Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie,Strathpine, Mango Hill, Dakabin, Kurwongbah, Narangba, Whiteside, Dayboro, Bray Park, Lawnton & Warner and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area. Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!