Dental sealants are very effective in protecting your teeth from tooth decay. The procedure involves application of a tooth-coloured coating on the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
Sealants cover the deep grooves of the teeth, which can be at risk of decay. The coating serves as a barrier protecting the tooth enamel from food debris, plaque, and acid.
A safe and simple procedure, sealants are highly recommended for both adults and children to help protect their smile for life.
The Benefits of Dental Sealants
Dental sealant is a plastic resin that bonds to the pits and fissures of the teeth. It seals depressed areas and makes the teeth smoother and less susceptible to plaque. Also, sealed teeth are easier to clean; thus, they are less prone to developing decay.
Additional benefits of dental sealants include the following:
- They can reduce the development of tooth decay between 80% and 90%
- They are deal for patients who suffer from frequent dry mouth
- They can help avoid stresses and expenses due to various dental issues
- They look natural on teeth, therefore the treatment is barely noticeable
The Dental Sealant Procedure
The process of applying sealants on your teeth is quick and painless. It only requires one appointment to complete the procedure:
- The dentist will thoroughly clean and dry the tooth before an acidic gel is placed on teeth
- The gel will roughen the tooth surface so that the coating will strongly bond on teeth
- After a few seconds, the dentist will wash away the gel and dry the tooth again
- The sealant will then be applied onto the grooves of tooth
- The sealant will be hardened using a special blue light
Dental sealants typically last from three to five years. With proper installation and maintenance, the sealant can significantly protect your pearly whites from decay and cavities.
Prevent Dental Suite: Your Partner in Wellness and Prevention
If you want to avoid extensive and costly dental procedures, keep your teeth sealed and protected with our high-quality dental sealants. Children and adults can benefit from fissure sealants. However, the earlier you undergo the treatment, the better the results. Visit Prevent Dental Suite in Kallangur and discover the amazing benefits of sealants for your smile and wellbeing.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of all ages in Kallangur, Warner, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie, Strathpine, Griffin, and surrounding areas in Brisbane northside.
Discover our amazing offers for you and your family! Visit our special offers page today.