Everyone wants perfect teeth; Teeth that bite perfectly are healthy and present a shining smile to the world.
But the fact is very few of us are born with these teeth. And some of us are born, or grow into, teeth that are far less than perfect.
This can lead to problems with dental health, eating, speaking, and how we look and are perceived by the world.
At Prevent Dental Suite, we have an answer – orthodontic treatment!
The most common orthodontic issue is a bad bite, “malocclusion” to dentists, which can result from accidents, congenital disabilities, disease, thumb sucking, or genetics.
This and other orthodontic problems can affect anyone at any age.
What is orthodontics? Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that treats patients with problems of teeth, the jaw, and facial growth.
Finally, orthodontics includes cosmetic dentistry, in which the treatment improves appearance.
What can Orthodontic Procedures at Prevent Dental Suite treat?
In general, orthodontic treatment can deal with most orthodontic issues, including:
- Widely spaced or gapped teeth
- Misaligned midlines
Treating these conditions can improve your smile, bite, and ability to chew and speak. Not only that, treatment can improve your appearance. And that can transform your life.
How a Transformed Smile can transform a Life
And an improved smile comes with surprising benefits:
- You will be healthier. Misaligned or crooked teeth create spaces for food to get stuck, which can lead to tooth decay, gingivitis, and gum disease, which is linked to other diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- You will be happier. Smiling tells your body to release neuropeptides, which help mediate stress, sadness, anger, and fear. A smile also releases dopamine, endorphins, and serotonin, which can decrease heart rate and blood pressure.
- You will feel more confident. Scientific studies show that this winning smile and confidence leads to better results in your social life, love life, and at work.
- You will make others happier and healthier. Scientists have found that when we see a smiling face, we release endorphins, which makes us feel happier and calmer.
Orthodontics is for everyone
An increasing number of Australian adults receive orthodontic work.
Patients over the age of 20 make up about 30 per cent of orthodontic patients. And orthodontics work!
One study of adult orthodontic patients revealed that treatment had improved their lives:
- 75 per cent of participants reported improvements in career or personal relationships.
- 92 per cent said they would recommend orthodontic treatment to others.
- 71 per cent, who had concerns before treatment, said the concerns stopped once treatment started.
Should you consider transforming your smile?
If you aren’t sure if orthodontics is the right treatment for you, here are a few symptoms that might indicate an orthodontic issue in your mouth.
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Biting the roof of the cheek or mouth
- Jaw problems
- Teeth grinding or clenching (bruxism)
- Speech problems
- Facial imbalance
The other thing to do is look in the mirror – if you don’t like what you see due to misalignment, snaggled teeth, or gaps, call us at Prevent Dental Suite. We’re here to help!
Explore Your Options
A consultation with your Kallangur dentist at Prevent Dental Suite can review the orthodontic treatments that will meet your needs and desires, and then help you choose the right answer for you.
At Prevent Dental Suite we are proud to offer Invisalign Clear Aligners, which straighten your teeth without the ‘train-track’ look of traditional metal braces.
While misaligned teeth are not necessarily significant health risks, they are still a threat to your dental health.
Improperly aligned teeth make it much harder to keep your gums, teeth, and mouth healthy and clean.
Orthodontic treatments offer other benefits such as ensuring there is enough room in your mouth for wisdom teeth to erupt.
Almost everyone experiences some clenching or grinding of their teeth (bruxism), and this can damage teeth, jaws, and muscles.
Orthodontic devices can help avert this problem, as well as ensuring that the jaw and teeth are in the ideal position for their main job—chewing food.
Proper oral health is an integral part of your general health routine, and orthodontic appliances can help you achieve that oral health, while also increasing your self-esteem.
Prevent Dental Suite is your team for orthodontic improvement – in both function and appearance!
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Oral health is an essential part of your overall health. It is something that should be given proper attention. Prevent Dental Suite is focused on maintaining your oral health over the long term.
Our beliefs on long-term dental health can and will benefit every member of your family, from infants to the elderly.
By providing care and services for your whole family, Prevent Dental Suite ensures a lifetime of dental health and beautiful smiles.
Prevent Dental Suite is comprised of dedicated dental professionals who provide gentle and patient-oriented care to offer the best-quality dental service from the moment patients enter our office.
Dr Shilpa Gupta is the resident dentist at our Kallangur clinic and combines many years’ experience with personable service. To learn more about our fantastic team, go to our team page.
Parking is easy and free. Parking is located at the rear of the building – access via Storey Road.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of all ages in Kallangur, Warner, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie, Strathpine, Lillybrook, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton, Deception Bay, Narangba, North Brisbane and Brisbane.
For more information about the orthodontic treatments offered in our clinic, call us on (07) 3886 2428 or visit us at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.