Periodontal disease, more commonly known as gum disease or gum infection, is one of the main causes of tooth loss. Advanced gum disease has been linked to other serious health concerns such as heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, bronchitis, and premature birth.
“Healthy gums result in a healthy, complete smile”
As part of your general dental visit, our dentists at Prevent dental suite will examine you to determine if you have periodontal disease and provide appropriate treatment if required.
Important facts about Gum Disease
- Periodontal disease affects the gums and bone that support the teeth.
- 4 out of 5 people have periodontal disease! Most people are unaware of it because the disease is usually painless in the early stages.
- Gum disease is the major cause of tooth loss.
Gum Disease Signs and Symptoms
- Bleeding from the gums.
- Loose teeth
- New Spacing between teeth
- Pus discharging from the teeth and gums
- Swollen and Red gums
- Pain and discomfort from the gums