Oral Health Tips and Good Dental Care Practices for Holidays
We know how challenging it is to keep your teeth in its healthiest condition when you are surrounded with good food and holiday beverages, so we have listed some oral health tips to keep you cavity-free and pain-free, as much as possible, this holiday season.
- Eat sweets and other sugary foods or drinks at mealtimes. Your mouth produces more saliva when you eat and this helps neutralise the acids in the mouth as well as rinse away food residues and sugary substances.
- Don’t sleep without brushing your teeth after a night of overeating or drinking. Missing cleaning your teeth more than once will have an impact on your oral and dental health.
- Fill your plate with tooth-friendly foods and don’t indulge too much on sweet treats. Eat some fruits and vegetables such as apples, celery, carrots and other dark leafy veggies. Include dairy products as well, such as milk and cheese.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. Water keeps your mouth clean and balances out the foods you eat. In addition, if you missed brushing, rinse with tap water to refresh your mouth from sugar and acids.
- Don’t use your teeth to open gift packages or bottles and remove tags from new clothes. Using your teeth to grip a package or bottle cap can cause them to crack or break. Grab the necessary tool to open or cut things, such as scissors or a bottle opener.
Less Sweets, More Holiday Fun
Everyone knows that sweet foods are your teeth’s worst nightmare. They are not only known to cause cavities, they can also harm your dental work. This festive month, be sure to safeguard your teeth and your dental work by reducing your consumption of the following holiday favourites:
- Candy canes
- Peppermint bark
- Peanut brittle
Have a Bright and Healthy Smile this Holiday Season in North Lakes
It’s not bad to spoil your sweet tooth with festive foods this Christmas. Just be sure to brush your teeth and gums before you fall into a deep slumber. By following some simple tips, you can enjoy the holidays and keep your mouth healthy and pain-free. For more oral health tips this holiday season, visit your North Lakes dentist at Prevent Dental Suite. We also encourage you to visit us this holiday to maximise your dental benefits before the year ends. Happy holidays from all of us here at Prevent Dental Suite!
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of every age in Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie,Strathpine, Mango Hill, Dakabin, Kurwongbah, Narangba, Whiteside, Dayboro, Bray Park, Lawnton & Warner and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area. Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!
Dentist North Lakes Resource
- Wisdom Teeth Removal in North Lakes: Why It Is Done
- Holiday Oral Health Tips from your North Lakes Dentist
- No-Drill Dentistry: Stops Tooth Decay and Reduces the Need for Fillings
Dentist North Lakes
Find out more about our dentists serving the North Lakes community and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area.