If you have minor imperfections with your front teeth and plan to undergo a cosmetic dental procedure, you may be an ideal candidate for dental bonding. Like dental veneers and crowns, bonding can bring your smile from ordinary to brilliant.
On the other hand, among the other types of cosmetic treatments for teeth, bonding is the least expensive and a less complicated procedure than dental crowns or dental veneers. Dental bonding is more suitable for small cosmetic alterations, temporary modifications of cosmetic dental defects and front teeth with little bite pressure.
Minor Cosmetic Flaws Repaired with Dental Bonding
Here’s the list of minor cosmetic issues that can be corrected by dental bonding:
- Discoloured teeth: some types of dental stains that don’t respond to professional teeth whitening such as intrinsic stains. This type of stain is immune to bleaching. Additionally, patients who have sensitive teeth are poor candidates for teeth whitening.
- Chipped teeth: a bicycle accident, car crash or sporting accidents are some of the incidences that can result in a chipped tooth. Treating your chipped tooth with dental bonding offers two benefits – the aesthetics of your damaged tooth will be improved, and at the same time, the bonding will replace the tooth’s lost material with a durable composite resin.
- Misshapen Teeth: this cosmetic flaw can give you an uneven smile. The dental bonding procedure can add width or length to teeth as well as create an even edge or make teeth more appropriate with composite resin. Your smile is made more beautiful, complementing and enhancing your natural facial structure.
- Gapped teeth: dental bonding can be used to reduce or close the gaps between front teeth. The natural-looking material can close a single gap or all gaps across your smile.
- Slightly crooked teeth: if a tooth is slightly misaligned, bonding can be used to correct this issue by slightly modifying your teeth with an application of the composite resin to make the tooth appear to sit flush against the adjacent teeth.
Things to Consider
Dental bonding can save you time and money. The procedure takes just one appointment. In addition, unlike other extensive cosmetic dental procedures, dental bonding is as affordable as professional teeth whitening treatments. These are great advantages, especially if you are looking for a treatment that’s easy on the pocket and is less invasive, too.
To see if the treatment is right for you, visit your dentist to see if you are a good candidate for dental bonding. If you are suffering from oral health issues like cavities and gum disease, your dentist will treat them first before you can proceed to with the dental bonding treatment.
Since composite resin is less stain-resistant than crowns, you should refrain from smoking if you are planning to undergo dental bonding. Dental professionals typically recommend that patients stop smoking before the treatment. If you continue to smoke after bonding your teeth, you will eventually notice an increased discolouration of your teeth as months and years pass.
Visit Prevent Dental Suite for Excellent Dental Bonding Treatment
Enhance the beauty of your smile and the health of your teeth by consulting your Kallangur dentist at Prevent Dental Suite for dental bonding treatments. Dental bonding is a simple, fast and cost-effective cosmetic procedure that not only improves the aesthetics of your teeth but also provides numerous oral health benefits. Learn more about dental bonding and other options to correct your smile. Visit us here at Prevent Dental Suite.
Call us on (07) 3886 2428 or book your appointment online.
We are a family friendly dentist serving patients of every age in Kallangur, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie,Strathpine, Mango Hill, Dakabin, Kurwongbah, Narangba, Whiteside, Dayboro, Bray Park, Lawnton & Warner and anywhere from Brisbane Northside area. Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!