Pain is one of the reasons why people go to the dentist. Toothaches can be triggered by extremely hot or cold foods and drinks.
Series of heavy biting or grinding may break a tooth and increase its sensitivity. Sometimes, when a filling falls out, you may have a throbbing ache.
Any injury to teeth or gums should not be ignored. The sensitive nerves or blood vessels could be damaged, causing a great risk to infections.
If an infection is untreated, it can spread to the other parts of the head and neck and lead to serious health problems. In rare cases, it can become life-threatening.
It is very important to always seek dental attention.
Your Kallangur dentist has many options in dealing with your dental emergencies. There are available techniques in managing pain and restoring your natural teeth.
Teeth can be repaired with synthetic materials that are durable and look as good as your natural teeth.
From a cracked tooth to complete loss of a tooth, sports injury, or lost dental appliances, dental emergencies can happen anytime and anywhere.
Because of this, it is critical for everyone to know, ahead of time, what needs to be done in the case of specific dental emergencies.
At Prevent Dental Suite, we’re here to help you become prepared and to quickly and efficiently treat you if a dental emergency occurs.
Here is what we recommend.
Always have contact information to Prevent Dental Suite on hand and convenient.
This may be the most important way to prepare. No matter what kind of dental emergency arises, Prevent Dental Suite is here to help you.
So make sure our phone number is in your contact list, and that your children and other loved ones have it available as well.
Beyond that, here are some of the most common dental emergencies with appropriate responses:
Toothaches are among the most common dental emergencies. Gently clean the affected area with a soft-bristle toothbrush and floss. Rinse your mouth with warm salt water.
Do NOT place aspirin (or any other drug) directly on the gums or tooth, as this can lead to burns. If you suffer from swelling, apply a cold compress to the area, being sure not to apply ice directly to unprotected tissue.
If a permanent tooth is knocked out completely, call your Prevent Dental Suite dentist immediately.
Receiving care within sixty minutes of the accident is vital to re-implanting the tooth and getting your smile back on track.
Follow these steps before you reach our offices:
- Recover the lost tooth
- Gently rinse away debris with water. Do not wash the tooth or handle its root, as this may damage the delicate cells on the tooth’s root that are needed for successful reimplantation.
- Try gently slipping the tooth back into the socket. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLACE A TEMPORARY TOOTH.
- Carry the tooth between your cheek and gums, in saliva, or milk.
Jaw Fracture and Dislocation
The best strategy for a fracture or dislocation is safety and prevention. Fractured and dislocated jaws can be the result of sporting injuries, so if you engage in contact sports, get an athletic mouthpiece, custom-designed for you.
At Prevent Dental Suite our custom-made guards provide maximum protection with a perfectly fitting mouth guard that will last and protect teeth.
- If your lips, tongue, or cheeks are bleeding apply steady pressure to the injured area with a clean cloth or gauze. If the bleeding continues for more than 15 minutes, contact us immediately.
- In the absence of blood, soak clean cloth or gauze in warm water and delicately clean the area. Apply an ice compress. If pain or swelling persists, contact us for further instructions.
The general tactics for dealing with loss or damage of restorations are:
- Find the pieces of the broken or lost restoration
- Clean the area of the loss
- Use pain-killers or clove oil if needed
- Do not attempt to reattach damaged dental restorations to avoid ingesting them
- Do not attempt to repair your restorations yourself
- Go to Prevent Dental Suite as soon as possible for repair or replacement
If an abscess is not treated correctly, the infection can spread even leading to a deadly brain abscess.
- Persistent, severe, radiating toothache
- Sensitivity to extreme temperatures
- Sensitivity to the pressure of chewing or biting
- Swollen or tender lymph nodes
What you should do:
- Immediately schedule a dental appointment
- Do not attempt to pop the abscess
- Stay upright and don’t lie flat
- Drink fluids – dehydration can make complications more likely
These are varied and the best option is to get a child with an emergency into our office. We are experienced in treating emergencies and children, and do everything in our power to make your child right again!
Complete Dental Emergency Services At Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suite offers cutting-edge services from highly trained staff and the most comprehensive emergency services possible.
Here are some of our services:
- Broken dentures
- Children’s dental emergencies
- Dental abscesses
- Knocked out teeth
- Lost filling, dental crown or inlay/onlay
- Soft tissue injuries
- Toothaches or dental pain
We also offer instructions on how to build a dental emergency kit that can help you deal with a wide range of emergencies:
Same Day Emergency Appointment Available!
We are committed to providing same day services, quickly diagnosing and providing the best treatment to get to the source of the problem and provide solutions to alleviate pain.
We regularly deal with a range of emergencies including chipped or fractured teeth, wisdom teeth pain, denture repairs, and toothache treatment to patients in Kallangur and the surrounding areas.
Find out more about our promotions here
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suite is comprised of skilled and trained professionals who provide patient-oriented and gentle and patient-oriented care.
Dr Shilpa Gupta is the resident dentist at our Kallangur clinic, with many years’ experience. To learn more about our skilled team, visit our team page.
Kallangur dentist is also serving local communities in Warner, Murrumba Downs, North Lakes, Petrie, Strathpine, Lillybrook, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton, Deception Bay, Narangba, North Brisbane and Brisbane.
Parking is free and convenient, located at the rear of the building – access via Storey Road.
We are located at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.