Cosmetic dental procedures are one of the reasons people smile confidently without holding back. As a result, they look more attractive and it helps them feel good about themselves. One of the procedures that deals with enhancing your smile and oral health is oral rehabilitation.
When the cosmetic dental treatment expanded, it incorporated oral rehabilitation as another way to improve dental appearances. Oral rehabilitation involves dental procedures that address and correct poorly aligned jaws as well as missing or severely damaged teeth. If you have serious problems with your smile and bite, oral rehabilitation may be the best option for you.
What does Oral Rehabilitation Involve?
Reconstructive dentistry pertains to a set of dental procedures that correct and repair various dental and aesthetic problems. The procedures may be performed independently; however, if there are multiple oral health issues that need to be fixed, oral rehabilitation may be recommended. Oral rehabilitation can include any combination of the following dental procedures:
- Restorative dental treatments – this involves treatments that repair or replace damaged or defective teeth to restore the function and strength of your mouth. Treatments include fillings, dental crowns, bridges, inlays or onlays and dental implants.
- Cosmetic dental treatments – cosmetic dentistry focuses on improving dental aesthetics and overall smile appearance. Cosmetic dental procedures involve teeth whitening, veneers, dental bonding and gum re-contouring
- TMD treatment – this is also called neuromuscular dentistry, which corrects problems that involve the temporomandibular joints (TMJs) and the occlusion (bite).
- Bruxism (teeth grinding) treatments – the treatment for teeth grinding and clenching habits and its associated symptoms, which includes mouthguards or night guards custom made by your dentist.
- Oral surgery – dental treatments involved are root canal treatment, tooth extractions as well as soft and hard tissue grafting
- Periodontal (gum) treatment – treatments for gums cover surgical and non-surgical procedures such as scaling, root planing and periodontal surgery.
Is Oral Rehabilitation Right for You?
Oral rehabilitation may be the right option for your needs if you experience embarrassment or are in pain due to dental, maxillofacial or other problems that are stopping you from living your life to the fullest. Moreover, if you are suffering from TMJ disorder symptoms, have severely damaged teeth, gum disease that affects your mouth leading to missing teeth, or have a worn down teeth due to bruxism, then you may be a good candidate for oral rehabilitation. If you think you need this procedure, consult your dentist for a comprehensive examination.
Your Trusted Dental Practice in Kallangur for Your Smile Transformation
Prevent Dental Suite is the ideal practice when it comes to smile transformation and many other dental needs. We specialise in taking good smiles and turning them into stunningly healthy smiles. If you want to improve your smile and boost the quality of your life through superior oral health wellness, visit your trusted Kallangur dentist at Prevent Dental Suite for top-notch work on oral rehabilitation and other cosmetic dental treatments that will make your smile the brightest and healthiest in the best way possible.
Affordable composite / porcelain veneers in Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs, Deception Bay, Narangba, Strathpine, North Lakes, Bribie Island, Sunshine Coast, Caboolture, Warner, Lillybrook, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton, North Brisbane and Brisbane.
Parking is easy, free, and located at the rear of the building (access via Storey Road).
Our Special Offers
At Prevent Dental Suite, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers. To find out more, visit our special offers page today!