Each year, at this time, many of us sit down and make resolutions for the next year.
At Prevent Dental Suite we do the same, resolving to re-dedicate ourselves to you, our patients.
At Prevent Dental Suite our mission is to provide the highest quality dental care to all our patients.
We provide comprehensive general dental and restorative treatment alongside cutting-edge cosmetic procedures.
We continually update our knowledge and skills through continuing education and training to bring you the best treatment. We strive to make you feel welcome and at home at each appointment.
Entering 2019, we resolve to follow the dental code of conduct set forth by the Dental Board of Australia, which says, in part:
- Making decisions about healthcare is the shared responsibility of the practitioner and the patients or clients (or their representative).
- Relationships based on openness, trust and good communication will enable practitioners to work in partnership with their patients or clients. An essential part of the practitioner-patient/client relationship is effective communication, in all forms, including in person, written and electronic.
- Practitioners have ethical and legal obligations to protect the privacy of people requiring and receiving care. Patients or clients have a right to expect that practitioners and their staff will hold information about them in confidence unless the information is required to be released by law or public interest considerations.
- Practitioners need to obtain informed consent for the care that they provide to their patients or clients. Caring for children and young people brings additional responsibilities for practitioners.
- Good practice involves genuine efforts to understand the cultural needs and contexts of different patients or clients to obtain good health outcomes. Practitioners need to be aware that some patients or clients have additional needs and modify their approach appropriately.
- When adverse events occur, practitioners have a responsibility to be open and honest in communication with patients or clients to review what has occurred.
- Minimising patient risk is a fundamental component of good practice.
- Maintaining and developing our knowledge, skills, and professional behaviour are core aspects of good practice.
Specifically, we resolve to:
- Respect your wants and needs. Each patient has the right to be involved in treatment decisions and to expect privacy and confidentiality.
- Keep you safe and healthy. Part of this is keeping our knowledge and skills current. New techniques and technology emerge rapidly. In response to this, at Prevent Dental Suite we spend time in ongoing continuing education to give our patients the highest level of science-based effective and safe care. We are also dedicated to the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility
- Be fair. Prevent Dental Suite does not discriminate and provides high-quality dental care regardless of age, religion, race, creed, ethnicity religion, or socioeconomic background.
- Be forthcoming. The best doctor-patient relationships have a foundation of honesty, trust, and communication.
- To determine appropriate goals for your oral health, total health, and dental function and smile appearance and prescribe the dentistry and treatment options best suited to your goals.
- To answer every question thoroughly and clearly.
- To provide an environment in which you feel safe and comfortable. Your visit to a dental office should not cause anxiety, and if you have any worries, fears, or phobias, we are happy to work with you to accommodate them.
Our suggestions for you
Now that you know more about our resolve to serve you and your loved ones, we’d like to briefly reiterate our suggested resolutions for you from last year (an expanded version is available here)
Schedule regular dental appointments. Forty per cent of the Australian population does not go for regular check-ups. But dental appointments are one of the most important things you can do to take care of your teeth and gums.
Brush and floss regularly. This is another easy one, and it is among the most useful things you can do at home. Brush twice a day for two minutes each time and floss daily.
Cut down on sugar. Sugar feeds oral bacteria, which excrete acids that eat away your protective tooth enamel, causing tooth decay.
Change your toothbrush. Toothbrushes, manual or electric, should be replaced every 3-4 months and after a contagious illness.
Quit tobacco. Tobacco use can cause a variety of oral health problems, so if you use any form of tobacco, this is the year to quit.
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suite is comprised of dedicated dental professionals who provide gentle and patient-oriented care to offer the best-quality dental service from the moment patients enter into our office. Dr Shilpa Gupta is the resident dentist at our Kallangur clinic and combines many years’ experience with personable service. To learn more about our fantastic team, go to our team page.
Parking is easy and free. Parking is located at the rear of the building – access via Storey Road.