Tooth Extraction Kallangur
At Prevent Dental Suite, we want our patients to enjoy a healthy, full set of the original teeth and we do our best to preserve the strength and beauty of everyone’s natural teeth.
But situations arise that make tooth extraction the best, and sometimes, the only option available. When that happens, the professionals at Prevent Dental Suite offer the finest, most modern treatment available to make the procedure as safe and painless as possible.
Reasons for Removal
Some reasons for extraction include:
- Severely cracked or damaged teeth
- Severe tooth decay, dental cavities, or infection
- Risk of infection due to other health concerns (e.g. compromised immune system)
- Crowded mouth and orthodontic necessities (including supernumerary teeth)
- Impaction of wisdom teeth
- Financial considerations when extraction is the cheaper and desired option
Tooth Extraction Procedure
An extraction procedure can take anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes.
The most painful part of the procedure will be the minor discomfort from the application of the local anaesthetic. The professionals at Prevent Dental Suite will make this part of the procedure as pain-free as possible.
Most people recover from all pain in one or two days. After about a week, most people can stop taking any special care with the extraction zone and return to eating and drinking normally.
What to Expect after Tooth Extraction
Recovering from an extraction procedure is usually easy and simple.
Your recovery will depend on the severity of your particular procedure. The more difficult your extraction was, the longer the recovery will take. We will guide you through all of the procedures, but even in more severe cases, recovery is not something to worry about.
We will tell you exactly how to care for your mouth post-procedure, to facilitate the safest and fastest recovery possible. Follow the instructions diligently.
Most people recover from all pain in one or two days. After about a week, most people can stop taking special considerations with the extraction zone and return to eating and drinking normally.
In the event of any unexpected problems, we are always ready to re-examine you and take whatever steps necessary to ensure that any problems are dealt with quickly and safely. Your health is always our highest priority.
What Should You Tell Your Dentist Before a Tooth Extraction?
Having a tooth pulled is a very safe procedure. However, as with any medical procedure, there is the possibility of complications under some conditions. So inform your dentist about any of the following:
- Medications you are taking, for whatever reason (especially anything that acts as an anticoagulant)
- Your medical history (even things that seem completely unrelated can be important such as artificial joints or heart valves, heart conditions, liver conditions, impaired immune system)
- If you have any phobias (extreme fear) of tooth extraction or dental procedures
- Feel free to ask about any concerns you have. We are happy to answer all your questions and want you to be relaxed and comfortable.
Tooth Extraction Services in Kallangur
At Prevent Dental Suite, we only employ dedicated and knowledgeable dental professionals. For teeth removal in Kallangur or surrounding areas, call 07 3886 2428, or book your appointment online to arrange a consultation. We are all about the wellness of your smile and dental health.
New Latest State of the Art Technology for Pain Less Injection and Anaesthesia
- Very comfortable
- Reduces anxiety
- Quick onset and easy to use
- Straight back to work without the numb feeling of face/lips
Tooth Extraction in Kallangur
Call (07) 3886 2428 or visit us at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.