“The Best Treatment is Prevention”
At Prevent Dental Suite, we’re all about prevention. No one likes going to the dentist, so we strive to prevent decay and disease by encouraging regular check-ups, thorough cleaning, and educating patients on personal oral hygiene.
Preventative Dentistry: Check-up and Dental Cleans
What does a check-up and teeth-cleaning involve at our Kallangur clinic?
- Initially we examine your teeth using special hand tools, and if further examination is required we take x-rays and photographs.
- If treatment is required it may be administered it then and there, or else another appointment is made.
- Then your teeth are professionally scaled and polished to remove build-up such as plaque, tartar, calculus, and food stains. Fluoride is applied to prevent acid decay and cavities.
- Finally we advise you on how to maintain good oral health and prevent further problems.
Tips for Healthy Teeth and Gums from your Kallangur Dentist
- Have a check-up at least every 6-9 months.
- Brush teeth vigorously at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
- Clean your tongue.
- Change your brush every 2-3 months.
- Floss daily.
- Avoid acidic and sugary food and drink.
- Avoid hard and chewy foods.
- Eat foods such as apples, celery, and carrots, which naturally clean your teeth.
- Drink lots of water.
Ensure A Lifetime of Healthy Smiles at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent painful and often costly dental problems. If it’s been a while since you’re last check-up, make an appointment for a check-up and teeth cleaning at our Kallangur clinic today.
At Prevent Dental Suite in Kallangur, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers.