All You Need to Know About Dental Crowns | Dentist Kallangur
Dental crowns are a dental tool to restore and cover damaged teeth while matching the look of your natural teeth.
Crowns can be helpful in many situations including:
- Protecting a decayed tooth
- Replacing a filling
- Rebuilding broken teeth
- Holding dental bridges in place
- Capping off a dental implant.
Crowns can help you avoid other dental procedures. Crowns over large cavities may prevent the need for root canals. Crowns can also protect weak teeth and prevent the need for extraction. Crowns are custom built to match your smile, so they look just like your natural teeth and ‘give you back’ your beautiful smile.
Crowns also feel and perform like your natural teeth. Because they are permanent, crowns don’t move around or fall out, as dentures sometimes do. Crowns usually last from 10 – 15 years, and many dental insurances covers their replacement after 5 years.
Dental Crowns Case Study Images
DENTAL CROWNS STUDY:
“The up to 25-Year Survival and Clinical Performance of 2,340 High Gold-Based Metal-Ceramic Single Crowns”
This study tracked the success rate of 2,340 crowns installed by one specialist.
It showed that at 10 years, the success rate was 97% (2,270 crowns that lasted over a decade).
At 25 years, the success rate was 85%.
That’s 1,989 out of 2,340 crowns that lasted over 25 years.
- Source: International Journal of Prosthodontics . 2013, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p151-160. 10p. 2 Color Photographs, 4 Charts, 6 Graphs.
- Author(s): Walton, Terry R.
- Reference Link: To access the article click here
At Prevent Dental Suite in Kallangur, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable. We encourage you to take advantage of our latest offers.
Dental Crowns Resources Pages | Dentist Kallangur
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- How Long Will Your Dental Crowns Last?
- The Multiple Functions and Benefits of Dental Crowns
- What Kind of Dental Crown is Best for You
- Top 3 Dental Crowns Options At Prevent Dental Suite