A brilliant, healthy smile boosts confidence and joy and is associated with success in work and private life.
Imagine how it would feel if you could impress a potential employer with a stunning smile, or enter a party with a smile that immediately makes everyone gravitate towards you.
The power of an awesome smile offers fantastic possibilities.
If you have always desired straight, white teeth, porcelain veneers may be the answer to your search. Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of porcelain material that are fixed to the front of the teeth with special dental cement.
Porcelain veneers resist stains more than other dental materials, and they reflect light like real teeth. With porcelain veneers on your teeth, your smile is instantly transformed to look and feel natural, balanced, and glowing.
If you are ready to transform your smile, you probably have a lot of questions. In this post Prevent Dental Suite will cover the basics of porcelain veneer treatment, from how much they cost to how to clean veneer teeth.
Everyone deserves to enjoy the benefits of a bright, beautiful smile. Start your journey today towards a smile that illuminates your personality and lets you shine wherever you go.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are cosmetic dentistry treatments composed of tooth coloured materials. They are ultra-thin and are customised to each patient’s exact measurements.
When attached on the surfaces of the teeth, veneers mask a wide variety of dental issues and resemble natural teeth, making it almost impossible for others to tell that you have them.
With proper care and good oral hygiene, veneers have proven to last 10-15 years. The procedure is minimally invasive and results in the look and feel of natural teeth, but straight, white, and shiny ones.
Dental porcelain is biocompatible, so there is little chance of the body reacting negatively to it, and virtually all patients report that the porcelain feels as natural as their own teeth.
Porcelain can be coloured to achieve the perfect look for each patient and can be easily formed into virtually any shape that is needed. This allows veneers to be “sculpted” to fit perfectly and look natural.
Finally, porcelain has a high aesthetic value. A porcelain veneer can mimic the natural teeth in translucency, colour, and shape. It also reflects light almost identically to natural teeth. Porcelain is the perfect material for veneers!
Are you a candidate for veneers?
Patients who are considering porcelain veneers are typically looking to address multiple structural or cosmetic issues with their teeth, such as:
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Minor misalignment
To have porcelain veneers placed, patients should:
- Have good overall and periodontal health
- Be committed to good oral care, hygiene, and regular visits to the dental office
- Have identifiable cosmetic goals, which they can explain to their dentists at their initial consultations, as well as achievable expectations
- Have enough healthy enamel on the target teeth, as a thin layer of enamel is usually removed before placing veneers
If you think you might be a good candidate for porcelain veneers, give us a call at Prevent Dental Suite!
The Four “P”s of Placing Porcelain Veneers
- Preliminary:You can expect to have a preliminary visit during which your dentist will take x-rays.
- Preparation:Your Prevent Dental Suite dentist will trim about half a millimetre of the tooth enamel to make a place for the veneers. Then we’ll take an impression or mould of your teeth to send to a lab to manufacture the veneers. This typically takes about one to two weeks.
- Placement: When the veneers are returned to our office, we will check their fit and colour and prepare your tooth (or teeth) by thoroughly cleaning them and roughening the tooth surface to improve the bonding of the veneer. The veneer is attached to the tooth with a dental cement ultraviolet light is used to harden it quickly.
- Preservation:We may schedule a follow-up visit with you a few weeks after the procedure to be sure that the veneers are appropriately placed and working as they should.
The last steps belong to you. Once your porcelain veneers are in place and giving you a stunning smile, you need to keep your home oral health program in place and be sure to visit us at Prevent Dental Suite at least twice a year.
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suites is comprised of dedicated dental professionals who provide gentle and patient-oriented care to offer the best-quality dental service from the moment patients enter into our office.
Dr Shilpa Gupta is the resident dentist at our Kallangur clinic and combines many years’ experience with personable service. To learn more about our fantastic team, go to our team page.
Parking is easy and free. Parking is located at the rear of the building – access via Storey Road.
Call (07) 3886 2428 or visit us at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.