It’s very easy to find out whether your child is eligible for this “Child Dental Benefit Scheme”. Just give us a call with your child’s details along with their Medicare number.
Here at Prevent dental suite, under CDBS we Bulk Bill for dental services up to $1000 so there is no GAP or out of pocket expense to you. Services in this Scheme include check-ups, x-rays, cleaning and polishing, fissure sealants, fillings, extractions and root canals.
BE QUICK AND CALL US (3886 2428) NOW TO MAKE USE OF THIS SCHEME FOR YOUR CHILDREN AS IT FINISHES IN DECEMBER THIS YEAR…
Following are some tips which are recommended to Kids and adults by our dentist at Prevent dental suite to help look after your teeth.
- Brush at least twice a day. The best time to brush teeth is after dinner. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles which are gentle on your gums and a small head brush for better access to the back teeth.
- Use a tooth paste which has got recommended amount of fluoride. Fluoride helps to add mineral and harden the tooth surface reducing the risk of decay.
- Brush thoroughly on all surfaces of your teeth. Tooth brushing should take at least two minutes if not longer.
- Floss your teeth before brushing daily. Use a slow and gentle sawing motion between each tooth.
- Limit acidic drinks, soft drinks, cordials and fruit juices and especially during the night. Food acids soften the tooth structure and dissolve the minerals in tooth enamel, causing caries (cavities).
- Protect your teeth from injury by wearing mouthguard while playing sport.
- Avoid using your teeth for anything other than chewing food. If you use them to crack nuts, remove bottle caps, you risk chipping or even breaking your teeth.
- Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will reduce the dental plaque and cavity causing bacteria. This will help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Prevention is better than a cure.
- If you have an emergency (broken tooth, tooth ache, bleeding gums) act immediately. Early detection and treatment can prevent larger problems in the future.
If you have any questions or haven’t been to the dentist in the last 6 months, make sure you book an appointment to see our dentist. We service Kallangur and all the surrounding suburbs.
CALL US ON PH: 3886 2428