Prevent Dental Suite would like to take this opportunity to wish all Dads a very happy Father’s Day on Sunday, September 1st.
Dads deserve bright smiles, but getting them the “just right” gift can be difficult.
Shopping for Dads can be tough – particularly if your dad is already loaded up with “dad stuff” like barbecue tools, electronic doodads, ties, and other usual Father’s Day gifts.
And each Dad is different. That’s one of the things that make them special. To help you get your Dad a gift just as unique as he is, Prevent Dental Suite has compiled a list of unique dental ideas for the Dad on your list.
The electric toothbrush – a power tool for teeth!
Most Dads loves getting jobs done and doing them right. So why not give him a “power-tool” that helps him do his oral care, and do it right the first time? Electric toothbrushes are great tools for cleaning teeth and gums, maintaining oral health, and brushing as long as is recommended.
Electric toothbrushes have oscillating/rotation/pulsating heads that loosen plaque and sluice it away. Most electric toothbrushes come with built-in timers to be sure you don’t cut your two-minute brushing session short. Some timers vibrate every 30 seconds to tell you to move to a new quarter of your mouth.
Electric toothbrushes are particularly suitable for Dads who have arthritis or have manual dexterity issues.
Another tremendous technological tool is a water flosser, particularly for Dads who don’t like flossing (And who likes flossing?). A flosser uses water pressure to knock food debris and bacteria from between teeth, keeping gums clean and healthy. Like the electric toothbrush, the water flosser is great for a Dad with flexibility or mobility issues.
Travel dental kit
Prepare your Dad for travel or camping by building him a dental travel kit. Here are few things to include:
- Gauze. This multi-purpose tool can be used to apply medication or stop bleeding.
- Saline solution. This works well for rinsing out blood or other substances.
- Ice packs. These are handy for numbing pain and reducing swelling.
- Dental wax. Dad can use it to avoid irritation from a chipped tooth or even to replace a lost tooth filling temporarily.
- Save-a-Tooth system. This product extends the amount of time to get a knocked-out tooth to the dentist, where it might be reimplanted. The Save-a-Tooth system can be found online.
- Topical pain reliever. We suggest clove oil, Orajel or Anbesol.
- OTC pain medication.Ibuprofen or acetaminophen can also help minimise pain.
The gift of white teeth!
A bright, white smile can make your Dad look good and feel great. This can be achieved with a simple, cost-effective procedure from Prevent Dental Suite, which can remove stains and brighten your teeth.
Whether Dad’s teeth have been discoloured or darkened with age, or because of smoking, drinking coffee, tea, or red wine, our safe and effective teeth whitening technique will help you regain your beautiful smile.
Whiten your teeth up to eight times better with Zoom Whitening. The treatment only takes an hour, perfect for those with busy schedules. Zoom Whitening also offers a lasting solution as well as removal of stubborn stains.
Take home whitening. Prevent Dental Suite will take impressions of your teeth to make bleaching trays. Once the trays are fabricated, we will give them to you with mild bleaching gel.
You will also be provided with verbal and written instructions on how to properly use the bleaching trays and gel over the following two weeks. This procedure gives slow but effective results at your own convenience and speed.
Restorative dental procedures at Prevent Dental Suite
If your Dad has flaws like chips, gaps, stains, or worn-down teeth, Prevent Dental Suite has several cosmetic dental options for concealing them:
- Porcelain veneers. Prevent Dental Suite can apply ultra-thin porcelain veneers to the front surfaces of teeth, where they hide a multitude of flaws. Because they’re custom-made using impressions of his teeth, they look natural in dad’s smile. They are stain resistant and will last for many years.
- Dental bonding. Prevent Dental Suite applies tooth-coloured resin to teeth to hide flaws. The treatment often takes only one appointment and is reversible.
- Cosmetic crowns. Because they cover entire teeth, crowns can hide extensive damage like severe decay, cracks, or breaks.
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suites is comprised of dedicated dental professionals who provide gentle and patient-oriented care to offer the best-quality dental service from the moment patients enter into our office. Dr Shilpa Gupta is the resident dentist Kallangur combines many years’ experience with personable service. To learn more about our fantastic team, go to our team page.
Parking is easy and it’s free. Parking is located at the rear of the building – access via Storey Road.
Teeth Whitening Promotions
In Chair $399 (normally valued at $899)
Package (In Chair + Take Home) $599 (normally valued at $1200)
Call (07) 3886 2428 or visit us at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.