If you’re missing a tooth or teeth, you’re probably looking around, and you’ve discovered three main options; dentures, bridges, and implants, in order of expense.
You may be wondering if the more expensive implants are worth it. At Prevent Dental Suite, we believe they often are.
This is because the cost of dental implants compares favourably to other tooth replacement options as time goes by, even over a lifetime.
To ensure that lifetime of service, you will want to use an experienced, skilled implant dentist like Dr Shilpa Gupta so your implants last and look great.
Other teeth replacement options may have a lower installation cost, but you pay for them over and over, eventually making them expensive compared to implants.
Let’s take a look at dental implants, other options, and why dental implants may be the highest quality choice.
What is a Dental Implant?
An implant is an artificial tooth root shaped like a post and generally made of titanium. This ‘root’ is surgically placed, and some time after surgery (after a process called ‘osseointegration’ is allowed to finish) an artificial tooth is fixed atop the post.
This results in the most stable, natural-looking, strongest, and most durable replacement for a missing tooth
What are lower-cost alternatives?
The alternatives are versions of bridges or dentures, depending on a variety of factors.
Tooth-supported fixed bridge. These are a widespread alternative to dental implants, mainly if a single tooth is missing.
However, fixed bridges require reducing material from healthy adjacent teeth to which the bridge is attached. Long-term bridges do not stimulate bone; your jawbone may erode over time. Bridges are not always permanent.
Resin-bonded bridge. This bridge has ‘wings’ on each side that bond to nearby teeth. A resin-bonded bridge isn’t as durable or permanent as fixed bridgework. Resin-bonded bridges don’t usually perform as well as, or offer the lifespan of, dental implants.
Removable partial dentures. These dentures are not as comfortable or stable as implants. They can also harm normal eating and speech.
Removable partial dentures frequently look unnatural; don’t perform nearly as well as an implant-supported crown, and dentures have much less bite force and durability. The bone beneath a removable partial denture is also likely to deteriorate.
Removable complete denture. These dentures sit on your gums to replace absent teeth. They can cause sore gums, discomfort, reduced ability to taste food, and click and shift in your mouth when you yawn, smile, speak, eat, or cough.
They normally last 7 to 15 years and then need to be replaced. They must be removed on a regular schedule to be cleaned. The natural bone beneath a complete denture deteriorates.
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a popular dental restoration option because of their many benefits such as:
- Restores biting and chewing capacity without the worry of dentures slipping
- Stability in the mouth
- Permanence and durability – lasts longer than bridges or dentures
- Improved oral health: Much easier to clean than bridges, much better for bone growth than bridges or dentures
- Looks and feels like your natural tooth
- Does not affect speech like dentures
- Improved facial appearance: supports face and stimulates jaw bone to avoid facial sagging
The true cost of alternatives
When considering how to replace a missing tooth, it is unwise only to consider the initial out-of-pocket costs. Instead, take a longer-term view:
- Startup cost versus total cost. The initial cost of getting bridges and dentures does not include the cost of maintenance or replacement. And it is not uncommon to replace them every 5 to 15 years.
- The convenience costs. Different from dental implants or natural teeth, you need to remove dentures for cleaning. Also, consider the inconvenience of the time spent to replace bridges or dentures.
- The social costs. Dentures can click or slip when you talk, laugh, kiss, or chew. They are embarrassing to take out and clean, and they can even fall out of your mouth.
- The health costs. Without the root of an implant, your jawbone deteriorates, harming other teeth, making oral hygiene more difficult, and causing changes to surrounding tissue.
When viewed in the long-term, dental implants become surprisingly economical. Factor in quality of life and long-term oral health issues, and dental implants become a higher-value choice.
High-quality Dental Care at Prevent Dental Suite
Prevent Dental Suite is comprised of dedicated dental professionals who provide gentle and patient-oriented care to offer the best-quality dental service from the moment patients enter our office.
Prevent Dental Suite offers quality affordable dental implants solution for missing teeth for anyone in Queensland specifically if you are located in Kallangur, Petrie, Murrumba Downs, Deception Bay, Narangba, Strathpine, North Lakes, Caboolture, Warner, Lillybrook, Griffin, Mango Hill, Lawnton, North Brisbane and Sunnybank Hills.
Parking is easy and without cost. It is located at the rear of the building – access it via Storey Road.
Dental Implants Promotions
Affordable Dental Implants in Queensland: Single tooth dental implants at affordable price – Implant, Fixtures and Crown for only $3500.
At Prevent Dental Suite in Kallangur, our goal is to make quality dental care affordable.
To find out more, call us on (07) 3886 2428 or visit us at 9/1376 Anzac Ave in Kallangur.